Are you a US based lessor or vendor who has clients in Canada who want to lease? Can you handle this business? The answer is yes but the question remains should you do it yourself?

If my lessee was unwilling or unable to pay me I face major expenses and legal headaches in collecting, recovering equipment and if required suing for my deficiency (& will my docs hold up in the US?)

My preference would be to call a US funder/broker to handle the transaction. The customer will get direct contact and service as well hopefully, from a funder/broker who understands the local scene better. 

So back to the original question! In Canada

Some US leasing Cos are active in Canada (ie Wells Fargo) and may be able to arrange the funding via their US office near you. Alternatively if you are a US vendor with Canadian offices - doubtless the Canadian office would handle for you (but wouldn't it be their deal anyway?). Perhaps you could contact a Canadian leasing co per CF&LA member list . We suspect you may find all of the above somewhat lethargic in their response. You could also contact the writer or by phone 905-577-9922!!

Leasing into Canada from the US